Wednesday, February 4, 2009

A Ray of Hope

And from the darkest of winter comes a ray of hope. Just three weeks from the day my favorite warm weather pastime returns. The Minnesota Twins hit the field for the first time in 2009.

I have not lived in Minnesota my entire life. Baseball to me is an emotional game. Thus, my conversion to a Twins fan has been somewhat of a surprise.

But like life, it's easy to cheer on those who do things the right way. I'm eagerly awaiting the return of a team that trains, develops and builds talent from the bottom up. We already know that's what works when marketing products. The Twins are just the early adopter of the baseball world.

There are plenty of claims to other teams that are doing the same. The question to ask is whether they would be doing the same if not forced on them. Consistently, year in and year out, the Twins have avoided the lure of big name gambles in favor of fielding a team. This group truly is greater than the sum of its parts.

And I can't wait to see how this year goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment